Wilkes Growth Plan
The purpose of the Wilkes County Growth Management Plan is to provide a guide for development for use by the public and private sector. The Plan incorporates the ideas of land use, infrastructure, and environmental protection into specific recommendations regarding development patterns and policies.
Development of the Wilkes County Growth Management Plan was conducted by the Wilkes County Growth Management Committee. The Committee was created by the Wilkes County Planning Board, and contains representatives of the Wilkes County Board of Commissioners, Wilkes County Planning Department, Wilkes County Economic Development Commission, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, and private industry. The Committee met with officials from the following agencies to gather information and input:
• Wilkes County Management
• Towns of North Wilkesboro, Ronda, and Wilkesboro
• North Carolina Department of Transportation
• Wilkes County Health Department
• Wilkes County School System
• Wilkes Community College
• Wilkes County Emergency Management Services
• Wilkes County Fire Department
• Wilkes County Sheriff's Department
**A detailed Growth Plan can be downloaded from our Downloads page.