The Wilkes County Building Inspection Office is authorized by the North Carolina General Statutes to enforce the North Carolina State Building Code. The primary function of the office is to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the public.
- Conduct Plan Reviews – Building & Fire (including accessory buildings)
- Issue Building Permits – Commercial, residential, modular
- Issue manufactured home permits
- Conduct building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and fire inspections
- Issue Certificate of Occupancy
- Maintain records of permits issued
View the Building Inspection Fee Schedule
The Wilkes County Portal Home can be used to search for permits, and to apply for various Inspections, Environmental Health and Planning and Zoning permits. NOTE: Blanket and Building permits are not being accepted through the Portal Home. To access the Wilkes County Portal Home, please click here.
Forms for Permits
Download and fill out these forms to submit through the Wilkes County Portal Home.