- Health Department
- Our Services
- Mobile Expanded School Health (MESH)
Mobile Expanded School Health (MESH)
The MESH unit provides services to the high schools on the following schedule for the 2022-2023 School Year:
- East Wilkes High School: Thursday - 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- North Wilkes High School: Wednesday - 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- West Wilkes High School: Tuesday - 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Wilkes Central High School: Monday - 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Wilkes Early College High School: Select Fridays- 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
MESH now offers the COVID-19 vaccine to children age 12+. To download the summer vaccine schedule click here. For more information please call 336-957-7043. To download the MESH COVID-19 Vaccine consent form, click here .
Summer Sports Physicals
Our Summer 2023 Summer Sports Physical Schedule is out. For information concerning summer sports physicals please click here.
In order to receive medical services on the mobile unit, each student must have a signed consent form on file with the MESH program. These forms are available at each school's main office, or you can download the forms below.
As of July 1, 2020 Sports Physicals through the MESH Unit will cost $20. Please make checks payable to Wilkes County Health Department. If you would like more information call the MESH Unit at at 336-957-7043. Download the Sports Physical Consent Form. Please note there are 5 pages total.
- Anger management
- Drug and Alcohol
- Individual and group counseling
Health PromotionHealth information is available on many health related issues including:
- Abstinence and pregnancy prevention
- Nutrition and weight reduction
- Parenting Information
- Tobacco cessation information
- Flu Shots
- Hepatitis B
- Polio (IPV)
- TB Skin Testing
- Tdap or Tetanus
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Mental Health Counselor
- Nurse Practitioner Registered Nurse
- Blood Sugar Test, as indicated
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Height/Weight Checks
- Influenza Test
- Minor illness/injury assessments and treatment
- Pregnancy Test
- Strep Test
- Urine Test
- Vision and Hearing Screenings