Mobile Expanded School Health (MESH)
The MESH unit provides services to the high schools on the following schedule:
- East Wilkes High School: Thursday - 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- North Wilkes High School: Wednesday - 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- West Wilkes High School: Tuesday - 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Wilkes Central High School: Monday - 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Wilkes Early College High School: Select Fridays- 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
In order to receive medical services on the mobile unit, each student must have a signed consent form on file with the MESH program. These forms are available at each school's main office, or you can download the forms below.
Sports Physicals are available through the MESH Unit for a cost of $15. Please make checks payable to Wilkes County Health Department. If you would like more information call the Health Department at 336-651-7450. Download the . Please note the consent form consists of 3 pages, make sure you have all 3.
- Anger management
- Drug and Alcohol
- Individual and group counseling
Health information is available on many health related issues including:
- Abstinence and pregnancy prevention
- Nutrition and weight reduction
- Parenting Information
- Tobacco cessation information
- Flu Shots
- Hepatitis B
- Polio (IPV)
- TB Skin Testing
- Tdap or Tetanus
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Mental Health Counselor
- Nurse Practitioner Registered Nurse
- Blood Sugar Test, as indicated
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Height/Weight Checks
- Influenza Test
- Minor illness/injury assessments and treatment
- Pregnancy Test
- Strep Test
- Urine Test
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
For more information, call 336-957-7043.