The Wilkes County Sheriff's Office, an equal opportunity employer, continually seeks out quality men and women to serve in deputy positions. Following successful completion of all processing procedures and requirements, applicants will be selected for employment as vacancies occur.
The processing procedures include various testing, finger printing, initial and final oral screenings, background investigation and physical examination as listed below.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a high school graduate, or equivalent (G.E.D).
- Must have completed basic law enforcement training certification or jailer certification course.
- Not have committed or been convicted of a crime or crimes as specified in NCAC 10B, 0307.
- Had a medical examination by a licensed physician.
- Notify the standards division in writing of all criminal offenses with which the officer is charged, pleads no contest to, pleads guilty to, or is found guilty of.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have a thorough background investigation conducted by the employing agency, to include a personal interview prior to employment.
For more information regarding employment, visit the Jobs page