Nursing Home Care
The Veterans Services Office is moving to a new location!
Beginning June 25, 2021, the Wilkes County Veterans Services Office will be located in the Wilkes County Agricultural Center located at:
416 Executive Drive, Wilkesboro, NC 28697
We look forward to serving you at our new office!
The following may be provided nursing home care with an income eligibility assessment:
- Veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Veterans who were exposed to herbicides while serving in Vietnam
- Veterans exposed to ionizing radiation during atmospheric testing or in the occupation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Veterans with a condition related to an environmental exposure in the Persian Gulf
- Veterans of the Mexican border period of World War I who are eligible for Medicaid
Non-service connected veterans and zero-percent, noncompensable service-connected veterans requiring nursing home care for any non-service connected disability must submit an income eligibility form 10-10F. VA will determine whether they will be billed for nursing home care.