Wilkes County would like to provide important information to citizens regarding litter in Wilkes.
To get involved in cleaning our roads and helping to keep Wilkes clean, reach out to the Adopt-A-Highway program by clicking here, or by calling 336-903-9229.
To request trash or litter pickup from N.C. DOT, you can call 336-903-9154, or fill out a request form online by clicking here.
If you witness someone toss out or lose trash from their vehicle or garbage truck you may contact:
- The NC State Highway Patrol - (336) 667-1236
- N.C. DOT, Customer Service Office - (877) 368-4968
- N.C. DOT, Fill out a Swat-A-Litterbug report by calling 1-800-331-5864
- You may also fill out a Swat-A-Litterbug report online by clicking here.
For information regarding garbage, recycling and roadside litter complaints in town limits you may contact:
- Town of North Wilkesboro: (336) 667-7129
- Town of Wilkesboro: (336) 838-0188
- Town of Ronda: (336) 835-2061
Wilkes County also encourages you to look for litter clean-up opportunities and events in your local community.