Nestled in the beautiful setting of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Wilkes County is located in the foothills of Western North Carolina. Wilkes Health (Wilkes County Health Department and Wilkes Community Health Center) is located in the heart of Downtown Wilkesboro and is easily accessible.
ServicesWilkes Health has been serving the community for over 50 years, and is a trusted source for your health care needs. We offer services such as:
- Diabetes and nutritional counseling
- Environmental health services such as well water testing, septic and waste water services, and restaurant inspections
- Health promotion and healthy lifestyle choices
- Maternity and post partum care
- Well/sick visits
Our mission is to promote health and prevent disease in the community and is accomplished through promotion of health, prevention of disease and care of the sick.
Wilkes Health will be viewed by our county as the primary resource for individual, community and environmental health.
- The health needs of the community are ever changing.
- Early intervention is most effective.
- Environment effects health.
- Health information is essential for making choices for healthy living.
- WCHD must work to create a healthy community.
- Individual health effects community health and community health effects individual health.
- We must provide services without discrimination of race, ethnicity, marital status, religion, gender, economic status, health status, lifestyle preferences, or age.
- Individuals are valued and deserve courtesy and respect.
- Individuals have a responsibility for their own health.
- Quality services are essential.